Water Integrity Capacity Building Programme in MENA
New training opportunity in the MENA region
Interested in taking part in our next training for the MENA region? Read this Invitation to training in Water Integrity, 14-15 January 2015 in connection with the 3rd Arab Water Week, Jordan.
SIWI is implementing a regional Water Integrity Capacity Building Programme for the Middle East and North Africa region in collaboration with regional and local partners from 2014 to 2017. The programme is funded by Sida and builds on extensive experience gained from similar capacity building programmes in other regions.
The overall objective is to develop capacities of the different water stakeholder groups at different governance levels in the MENA region to improve transparency and accountability practices in water resources management.
Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine and Tunisia.
- Regional level: high level decision makers
- National level: water officials in regulation, controlling and planning; students; private sector
- Operational level: mid-level water managers
- Local level: farmers' organisations, water user associations, media, women groups and other civil society actors.
The programme combines a series of trainings at different levels. Each is adapted to the relevant capacity need of the target groups in the MENA region. By combining peer-to-peer learning and professional mentorship in a participatory learning environment, the programme has an explicit focus on behaviour change i.e to be able to translate knowledge acquired through the trainings into actual pro-integrity changes on the ground.
- Year 1 - National Water Integrity Assessments
- Year 2 - National Trainings
- Year 3 - Alumni Workshops and Mentorship Programme
- Year 4 - Regional High Level Meetings and Regional Learning Summit
- Jordan: Jordan University of Science and Technology
- Lebanon: Issam Fares Institute for Public Policy and International Affairs at the American University of Beirut
- Morocco: Al-Akhawayn University
- Palestine: Al-Quds University
- Tunisia: CERTE - Water Researches and Technologies Center
Ms Alice Jaraiseh
Phone: +46 8 121 360 42
Ms Maria Jacobson email@example.com
Phone: +46 8 121 360 43